Sunday, April 16, 2006

Tired of living

I wonder how much longer I can hang on there.

I go to school with a smile
secretly praying for a good day ahead.
I smile at people
wishing to make their day.

Yet who was there
when I needed someone to smile at me
and tell me everything was fine.
All I needed was a smile.

The sun was gone.
The light was gone.
The world seems so cold
and me so lonely in it.

I used to believe in fairytales
I used to believe in dreams.
Yet they seem so far away now
so far beyond my reach.

All I needed was a smile
a sincere one from the heart.
Someone to tell me everything's alright
and fairytales are alive.

Smile at people more
praise them and appreciate them.
Instead of cursing
and making life sore.

I never knew how to write poems
I never knew how to express.
Bottling the thoughts inside
may drive me crazy one day.

No comments: