Monday, January 22, 2007

Conflicts Within

Being a thinking being is really an honor, but it's also a pain. A being with thought, we think about good an evil, we generate love and hatred, likes and dislikes...

I, being a mortal, seem to be constantly stuck between like and dislike. I usually bear grudges. I can seldom control my emotions. I am not forgiving at all. Because of this, I have people that I do not like. It may be because of their character, the way they treat me, etc.

Yet sometimes, they just seem so nice! It makes me feel very guilty, for bad-mouthing about them. It makes me feel evil, guilty, terrible. I really should start looking at the angelic side of people, see the good in people, feel the kindness in people.

The ability to think is a gift, that turns rotten at the hands of evil. With good discipline, we should be able to use this gift to bring about peace and good to humanity.

No comments: