Friday, August 05, 2011

Dream Episode - The Dark Side of Friends

Day of Dream: Overnight train from (Prague-) Germany to Switzerland (recorded immediately after the dream)

Scene 1:
A few friends and I were doing silly things together: trying to trap pigeons with an elaborate series of food that eventually leads to a rope-and-stick controlled trap. We were filming the process.

Scene 2:
One of our friends, the big (because "fat" is politically impolite) one returned to his apartment (alone), and upon finding something amiss, went violent about his room. It might have been some blackmail material that he was holding over a (female) singer/artist. He was furious, and nothing like the "gentle giant" we knew.

He went out of his apartment and down the stairs, where his neighbors were quarreling. one of them saw him, and was suddenly reminded of some of his misgivings, and started targeting her displeasure at him. He calmly sent the other lady neighbor away, assuring the quarrelsome one that he would listen to her complaints against himself. When the other lady left, he picked up an abandoned mattress and pressed it against the wall with his neighbor sandwiched in between, despite the presence of a fortune-teller in the vicinity. (The fortune-teller is as real a person as everyone else, but he/she has a ghost-like quality. Maybe our friendly giant did not think that anyone would take the fortune-teller's witness seriously, and thus the fortune-teller would not bother telling others.) Only when the other neighbor return, did he release the pressure, leaving the poor quarrelsome woman cursing him in between breaks while gasping for air. He feigned innocence, gently asking others to trust his character, claiming the fortune-teller as his witness. Once the calming neighbor left, he resumed to his previous task, suffocating the cursing neighbor before she had swallowed another gulp of air. The fortune-teller did not seem to care.

Scene 3:
We were reviewing the video of our bird trap adventures. when we realized that we had filmed the gentle giant without his knowledge. He exhibited violent behavior toward the pigeons that we never thought he was capable of...

Scene 4:
I was returning home, an apartment in the same building as the gentle giant, with a mind to confront him about the video, when I ran into him in his violent act (of suffocating his neighbor). he let go immediately upon sighting me. The calmer neighbor entered immediately after. The cursing neighbor is surprisingly still alive. Though cursing and gasping for air, she seemed to enjoy the violent treatment, and tried to encourage more.

Seeing his violent act confirmed my suspicion. Failing to be bought over by his lies, I threatened to tell the others. He was furious, and stormed out of the semi-basement.

I walked upstairs with the calm neighbor, discussing the gentle giant and his darker side. When I reached my floor, I realized that I did not have my keys with me. The thought that he might have taken them haunted me...

My nightmare was confirmed when I found my door unlocked. he left my army-green monk bag on the floor, and a set of instructions, which lead to a video on the computer. It's a Chinese music video: ...用心去品尝一个人的思念... (I think that was what it was in the dream. It has quite a nice melody, although I could not remember it to save my life.) I supposed it meant that he would keep haunting me with the uncertainty of when he would return to my house and strike until I find his blackmail material for him... And that video was all I had to start on.

No comments: