Saturday, October 04, 2008

Dreams Episode 25

Day of dream: last night
Setting: A pub, which later in the dream, revealed itself to be in the airport (it was suppose to be Singapore Airport, although it looks nothing like it)

This was the night life! People were dancing, music blasting (I think), lights flashing. I was out with my primary school friends, in a dimly lit cubicle in this pub. We were drinking a little, and chatting alot. Then one by one, they went off onto the dance floor, leaving just a few of us behind. Wee Lic was drinking a little too much, not because he was emotionally traumatised, but simply because of a dare. And he got a little high...

I left the cubicle to get a piece of damp towel, and some proper food and drinks for him. I approached the bartender, yet the bench was extremely crowded. So I walked along to bench, hoping to find a less crowded spot so that I can buy a cup of berry juice (or some other fruit juice, or another drink that is red-ish in color).

I kept walking, until I came to a corner where there were 2 small colorful plastic tables and lots of crayons. The walls were brightly painted, although the corner remained rather dark, and the ground was padded with soft puzzle mat. (A kids' corner in a rather wild pub?!) A couple of kids were kneeling next to the tables, coloring on their respective black and white pictures. I joined them, sitting down on the floor next to one of the children, and watched her fill up the white spaces. The other child came over...

I was walking again, going down in the direction I was walking in. The bar-followed-by-the-kids'-corner-and-many-more formed an oval space with a conglomeration of stores in the middle (of I-have-no-idea-where). I moved along the oval, passing by some other stores selling faniful items, and then finally coming to the other side. There were game booths on this side. I watched them as they played. I wanted to play too, but realized that I haven' t gotten my drink. So I returned to the bar and got my berry juice.

Returning to the cubicle, I left the juice for my so-drunk-that-he-was-barely-conscious friend, sat there for awhile, then grabbed my purse and left, leaving Wee Lic in the good hands of the rest of them. I walked in the same direction, yet I did not stop to look at any of the items. I did not move along the oval either. I kept walking straight, passed the conglomeration-of-stores-oval, and kept walking.

Then I came to a library, the children's section. There were shelves of books, and stools for the children to sit on. The adults' section were close-by, and the refrence section were upstairs, on the demi-2nd-floor. I remembered that my mother brought me and my brother here when we were younger, when we were waiting for our flight (only in the dream reality). It was the airport! My dad and bro joined me, followed by my cousin Ting.

We left the library, coming to a row of snacks vending machines. Yet this vending machine is unlike the conventional -- the tibbits were all displayed, with no barriers. It was a test of honesty and integrity for the patrons. Patrons were welcomed to take the snacks and leave the proper chnage in the box with a slot of coins. Yet we failed the test. There were no-one else around... We were dishonest, taking the snacks without paying for them. I knew it was wrong... I took some and said, "I think we should stop. Let's not take too much."

There was a movable office chair nearby. I grabbed that chair, and kneeling on it, I wheeled, with my dad, brother, and cousin following. I think we knew that we can't take the chair with us, but we did anyway.

We came to a busier section of the airport, where people were waiting for their flights to depart. I feared we would be caught for our chair, and I sounded my concern to my company. My dad reassured me that it would be fine. I was not convinced, but I continued wheeling, cautiously. Finally we got caught. Given a gentle reminder that that chair was not allowed here, and that we return the chair, we graciously gave it back. I was rather reliefed.

With my dad and bro, we walked to the outside of the airport. (I have no idea where Ting went.) The sky was exceptionally blue, and the atmostphere was peaceful. The building that we left was zen and so was the landscape marked with squarish green patches of carpet grass and trees. As we were leaving, my dad met his friend, who asked him what he was doing there. My dad replied, "Surveying." And right at that moment I thought, "Wouldn't another phrase (something about knowing your enemy ensures higher success) be more appropriate?"

No comments: