Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dreams Episode 23

Day of dream: last night
Setting: a hybrid of a train station and the Singapore Air Force show ground

There was a carnival in town. A really big and fanciful one. And everything, including the crew, the games, and the rides, are contained within one plane. And it scared me. It was one of those highly-mobile despite its gigantism helicopters. I was hesitant in going in at first. However after promting from the clowns in the crowd, and much tugging from my friend, I stepped into the plane, cautiously, reluctantly, and a little excited.

The rooms filled with various activities were lined on the right. I passed by the first room, it was filled with game stations and virtual racing. I was feeling lazy, so I moved on. I passed by the second room, it was filled with baby rides, mini-pirate ships, and flying elephants. I thought it was too childish for me, so I moved on. I passed by the 3rd room, it was filled with virtual adventures, a little too dark for me. My friend, who was with me, decided on one room, and went on to have fun.

I continued on. Then a sign on my right says "Train Ride", with an arrow that points diagonally upward. I thought it was perfect, sitting on the train, enjoying every surprise that each turn brings. So I followed the sign and got up a narrow flight of cold-metal stairs. More signs lined up along to corridor leading to the ride. I grew increasing hesitant. As I walked, a dwarf appeared, walking toward me along the narrow corridor. He asked "Are you there for the Train Ride? Continue down this..." "No!" I interrupted. As in out of fear, I turned and ran, down the narrow corridor and down the stairs. My mind was crying for the open space outside.

When I reached the entrance, there were police inspectors there. As I was wondering what was going on, a detective, whom I knew (only in this dream) spotted me, and dragged me aside. He asked me if I knew what was going on. Before i could reply, he told me that the clowns are criminals, using this carnival to transport people to an alternate dimension. "People wouldn't even realize that they are being transport. Most people would willingly go," the detective explained. I was shocked, and tried to go back to look for my friends. But the detective stopped me from going in, as in the plane itself contains evil beyond explantion.

It turned out that the evil-criminal-clowns would transport people using trains that ran beside where the plane is parked. The detective explained that he would just have to stop those trains from moving. He moved onto the track, followed by me and the police force, and claimed that he has the authority to inspect all the trains. Yet the clowns continued, and the trained continued. People on the trains looked happy.

The detective tried shouting at the people, commanding them to get off the train for their own safety. At first, no one listened. The trains moved. The detective never give up, shouting, commanding. People slowly acknowledges his presence, turning to look at him. Yet their expressions displayed neither confusion, nor fear. It was a display of menace, and evil grins. Seeing such, he froze, and it was silent, save for the moving train on the tracks.

Then he wondered out loud, "Have we already been transported to the alternate dimension, somehow?" I stared at him, and wondered too, wondering what would happen to us...

No comments: