Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dream Episosde - Kitten in the Maze

Day of dream - last night

A lot went on in this dream, but I only remembered this part:

I was in a laboratory. It looked like my room in Marianist Hall, only much bigger without furniture. The room was white and pale gray, with shallow grooves all over the floor. We were trying to solve a problem. We have a mouse-sphere thing and we are trying to separate them. We decided to put the mouse-sphere thing in one of the tunnel in the floor, let it roll to a cubic groove at the end. When the mouse-sphere is rolling, we will put a kitten to chase it down the tunnel. The kitten will then scratch on the mouse-sphere. Given enough scratches, the mouse and sphere will separate.

We tried it with a black kitten. But before the mouse can be separated from the sphere, the kitten scratch so much that both the mouse-sphere and the kitten are about to get out of the cubic groove. We tried it several times. Every time, the kitten behaved exactly like before. Each time the procedure failed, the mouse-sphere resets such that all previous efforts were wasted. We decided that we need another solution.

I thought the problem is that the groove is not deep enough to contain the cat and its scratching. So I found a box. I put a colored block in it to lure the kitten, then placed the mouse-sphere in it. Then i realized that I do not need the colored block, so I took it out. The box was ready.

I was about the grab the kitten, which is now clawed to the blinds. It seemed agitated, perhaps due to the multiple trials that we put it through...

No comments: