Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dreams Episode 15

Day of dream: last night
Setting: a theatre, with luxurious seats and a run-down backstage

Story:
The theatre looked fabulous -- luxurious seats, tasteful decoration, and enchanting lighting! It was a perfect setting for an interactive mystery play to be held. Even the backstage was filled with suspense. Yet unlike the gorgous audience space, the backstage was a mess. The grey concrete wall and floor minus a few degrees off the thermometer. The backstage excess looked unwelcoming. They seemed to be locked. Props and sets, broken or not, were left all over the place, leaving barely any walking space along the back of the age-yellowed backdrop.

The play we were holding was about a murder case, in which the audience were encouraged to take part in the play, as they each hold a decisive power over the verdict. The actors acted out scenes before and after the murder, and were allowed to move downstage to discretely convince the audience their own side of the story. There was lots of personal interaction between the actors and the audience, as some of the audience may hear from different actors.

I went onstage, acted out a scene with my fellow actors. And then I moved offstage to convince the front row of audience, delivering my story. At that point, I cannot distinguish between myself being an actor and the role I was playing.

After playing my part, I went backstage, and sat down on the foldable-plastic chair. After a second or two, I decided to walk about a little. I walked past the seemingly locked backstage door, and a man looked through it with angry eyes. He was tall and skinny. His skin was pale, as if the grey walls around him has dyed his cheeks to the same shade. The grey he was wearing made him looked more sickly. Yet his eyes burned with a fury that can no longer be contained.

Scared as I was, I walked past quickly. Yet the man was quick. He opened the door and came screaming at me, demanding my life. I had no where to run, but onto the stage. It was my co-actor turn to convince the audience downstage. Yet I interrupted, running offstage to lose the mad man, while going to the audince, pointing at the man and whispered, 'He wants to kill me. Somebody, help me! Please!' Nobody believed me of course. They, including my co-actor, thought it was part of the play, the surprise part. I was close to tears.

A detective, a well-dressed gentleman seated on the 5th row (approximately) noticed something was amissed, and helped me. He took me out of the theatre, trying to avoid the mad man. Yet the mad man caught sight of us. He did not dare to do much as the detective was with me.

However for a brilliant detective like him, he failed to lose the mad man. He drove me to the police station to make a report. Then he even led the mad man to where he would be 'keeping me safe'.

The detective knew that the mad man would attack me that night. So he hid me. The mad man came at night, quietly hunting for me...

What a weird dream...

No comments: